Guerrilla Games has released details on Killzone: Shadow Fall's first multiplayer expansion- The Insurgent Pack. The first expansion includes 3 new abilities, 3 new weapons, and 2 new game modes. Check out the details below:
- The Insurgent- a brand new class with two unique abilities: Hack and Steal.
The insurgent starts with just a pistol and his wits about him. As vulnerable as he is, he can slowly build up his arsenal in the game by using [Steal] to steal weapons from downed enemies, which enables him to use those weapons throughout the game, even if he falls in combat. By Using [Hack] he can change enemy ground automata into friendlies, turning the tide of battle quite swiftly.
- 3 New Abilities- The Scout, Support and Assault also get additional abilities
- E-Pulse emitter- a deployable beacon that sends out an e-pulse making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area
- Tactical Echo emitter- a deployable beacon that send out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units
- Guard Drone- The Assault gets a stationary Buddy drone; deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.
- 3 New Weapons- Welcome old friends and new with this pack of weapons for the Scout, Assault and Support:
- M82- the classic assault rifle of choice from Killzone 2 and 3 is back!
- L512 SMG Pistol- this amazing machine pistol makes your tactical secondary weapon of choice that much more punch
- Sta14 Rifle- The sniper rifle of many battles past adds to your long distance sniping arsenal.
- New Single Player Elite Mode-The nightmarish difficulty of Elite Mode will test the hardest of warriors
3 lives, Hard difficulty, and the Shadowfall campaign to test your mettle.
- New Online Collectibles- Find the online collectibles crates in game for rewards
A limited set of collectible crates will spawn only for Insurgent Expansion holders, one per match for a limited time. Collect one and earn extra points in game, collect more and stand to win rewards in game.
- Insurgent Personalization Pack-
- 1 OWL Skin
- 3 Spotlight Moves
- 1 Voice Over pack containing HGH and VSA battle chatter voices
The Insurgent Pack will be available on the PlayStation Store in April for $9.99 or free for those that have the season pass.
Sounds pretty awesome right? Well that’s not all. Guerilla Games has also announced 2 new maps, The Cruiser and The Hanger, available now on the PlayStation Store – for free. Check out the details and new trailers below.
The Cruiser- set in a decommissioned VSA cruiser full of narrow, labyrinthine passages and interconnected compartments. Perfect for close-to-mid-range combat, the key to owning this map is identifying and dominating its many choke points.
The Hanger- takes place in the hangar bay of one of Helghan's vast and lofty mining spires. This wide-open map combines large exposed spaces, perfect for sniping, as well as alternative routes to seek out and secure for total domination.
As announced last week, you can check out Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer for free this week, including the 2 new maps. A PlayStation Plus subscription is not required.
What do you think about Guerrilla's announcement? Will it get you back online? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.